Today I worked quite a bit in the garden. We've got all kinds of great fruits, vegetables, and berries. We have apple trees, raspberry bushes, leeks, purple bell peppers, many varieties of bulbous blistering red and purple heirloom tomatoes, eggplants... together, Nic and I picked about 8 pints of raspberries and a peck of green beans, yellow beans, and purple beans. Most of the meals in the cafeteria are made with ingredients directly from the farm, including meat, eggs, milk, and produce.
I also rode on the back of a tractor. But that's not the point of this post. The point is that I found a huge caterpillar outside of our house. We have this same variety in Arkansas, but they are much smaller. Check it out!

Here it is with my hand for scale...

And here it is on its own. It trashed around a bit, nibbled on my fingers, and attached itself to my bedsheets. I think it was really afraid I was going to eat it. Sorry, bug. Didn't mean to scare you.
No comments:
Post a Comment