I am officially on Peace Corps, round 2! I recieved an email today with information about final travel arrangements, and have contacted SATO travel to make our reservations. From New York, Nic and I will be traveling to Istanbul, and then from Istanbul to Bishkek, where we will remain for training (approx. 3 months). We will be leaving either March 25th or 26th (more than likely the 25th, but we will find out here in the next few days), and will be back in 2012, if the world doesn't end. I feel like this time is the "for real" time and am, in truth, letting myself get excited at this point. I quit my job (last day = March 4th), and am going to start doing more exercise, sleeping more, and eating better to ensure that I'm healthy, fit, and mentally prepared for the crazy adventure I have in front of me. My priorities are shifting now that I know for 99% certain that I am leaving at the end of next month. I am going to really focus on learning the bare-bones of Kyrgyz (or as much as one can learn in one month), hone in on a few high-quality grammar books and teaching aides, and develop the upper body strength I need to feel confident about my posture and endurance while lugging 2 fifty pound bags across all of the Kyrgyz Republic. Potentially while on horse.
But for now: A nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment