Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Oops! Earlier today, I updated without including some very important and exciting events that occurred on the farm. First off, today we ran the goats- which basically meant that we all lined up in a column and ran and screamed so that the goats ran within the confines of the human column we created. It was pretty exciting. A few goats got out of the column and led the rest of the goats off track, but we got them all in the pen eventually. The second event was the inter-personal chicken catching contest, where I decided that it was my goal to catch one of these friggen chickens that constantly roam free around the Global Village even though they aren't supposed to. I went out during a break time and chased them around, but every time I got close to one, I got these gruesome images of myself being attacked by the entire mob of chickens. Thanks alot, Legend of Zelda. I'll never catch a chicken at this rate. I need a counselor!

4 comments:

  1. Were you guys trying to herd the goats, or simply make them run?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both. We change their pens frequently, and have been doing it even more often because it is breeding season. So we corralled them to a field, from a field, to a barn, to a lot, back to the barn, etc etc. We've done it two days in a row and will keep doing it for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put some cracked corn in your hands to attract the chickens, then put your hands on either side at its widest point, with its tail towards you. Gently grab the chicken, immobilizing the wings, and pick it up. The chicken should freeze. Above all, DON'T RUN at the chickens!

    I'll get Katelyn to film a video of me doing my famous impersonation of a chicken. Once you see it, you'll be able to earn yourself the title of Chicken Whisperer, and you won't need cracked corn to attract the hens anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha! I love it, hannah. Send me that vid.

    ReplyDelete