Wednesday, February 2, 2011

As the world turns!

Hello! In just a few days, Nic and I will be flying out of MA and back to AR, where we will have about a month to prepare for our journey to Senegal. This includes visiting our local friends, doing some packing, doing some work, and hopefully plenty of down time. Peace Corps Training was intense last time around, and I am looking forward to the intensity of PST in Senegal, and am really looking forward to the climate! Right now in MA it's in the 20s and there is a snowstorm and several feet of snow on the ground. Rumor has it after some time in Senegal the 60 degree evenings will feel cool. Can't wait!

My packing list is minimalistic. Instead of focusing on business clothes or reading material, I've shifted the focus towards bare minimums plus materials for hobbies. Bringing lots of nice clothes won't help the adjustment period, but having my sketchpad and journals definitely will. I made the mistake last time of not bringing drawing pens and not having a sketchpad and not bringing a single square of watercolor paper... what a fool was I! Not this time around.

My time on the farm is running low, and I'm feeling pretty good about it. I'm finishing up projects and feel ready to move onto the next phase of my life. It's been an adventure these past few months, and I've learned all kinds of trivia to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment