Well, folks, I better warn you up front- no photos today! We here at the farm just finished with our multi-day SEEDS program, an educational day program where large numbers of students (100+) experience as many elements of the farm as they possibly can! They eat a meal in the global village, learn about rotational grazing, milk goats, play children's games from other countries, romp through the garden, eat some delicious organic veggies...you name it, we've tried to figure out a way to get kids to experience it. Though it was incredibly busy and a bit stressful, in general, it was a lot of fun. It was a nice change of pace from our normal programming, but also a bit more chaotic than our normal programming simply because of the sheer numbers of people involved.
I am currently eating a delicious leek soup composed of excess leek pie filling (left over from a delicious leek pie experiment), some extra milk, potatoes, and a couple of spices. Tonight, I plan on undertaking a second leek pie experiment; this time, I plan on adding some salted meat (probably cubed bacon) as per a request by a fellow volunteer, and tossing in a potato or two. Also a possibility: the addition of parsley or black pepper. I dunno. I'm excited about it, though. We've got tons of organic leek from right here at the farm.
On that note, it's freezing up here. I've finally ordered my winter boots, hopefully they will come in soon and fit well. Shower time!
No comments:
Post a Comment